• October 3Friday's football theme is White Out

• October 3Forsyth County Drug Summit will take place on the 22nd at the Forsyth County Convention Center

• October 3DECA Be Our Guest Character Breakfast will be on the 20th at Haw Creek Elementary

• October 3The German Club Oktoberfest will take place this Friday

• October 3The PSAT will take place at South on the 10th

• October 3The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time will be performed from the 10th to the 13th

• October 3Students who are at least 17 1/2 years old can now vote

South prepares for their last regular season matchup against West

Sea of green. On their home turf, the War Eagles take on West for the last game of the regular season as well as senior night.

Sea of green. On their home turf, the War Eagles take on West for the last game of the regular season as well as senior night. "Anytime we are about to end [the season] the first thing is having to say by to these seniors," says Head Coach Jeff Arnette.

Kayleigh Emberton

Kayleigh Emberton

Kayleigh Emberton, Sports Editor

The stands are full for the last game of this year’s regular season. Students and parents fill the bleachers sporting black t-shirts, tutus, and more. The football players stand on the field, warming up and doing pre-game rituals, preparing themselves for the battle against West Forsyth High school.

This Friday, November 2nd, the War Eagles (2-2 region play) and West Forsyth Wolverines (3-1 region play) will face each other in the last game of the regular season. With region wins against Lambert and North, the War Eagles hope to win this last game for the second seed in the playoff bracket. Besides it being the last home game of the regular season, it is also senior night at War Eagle Stadium.

Head football coach Jeff Arnette expresses the importance of this night, “We have been working with them [Seniors] for four years, so this game is always emotional. We have had another great bunch of seniors, so I would think that’s the big focus going in; knowing that we have to say bye to those guys.” Each player will be recognized for their achievements at South during their high school career.

Though losing a close game to Central last week, South Forsyth captain, Jamal Camp, has his head in the game, focusing on his matchups and perfecting techniques.“I think about my one on one matchups. Who am I going to be going against, what does he like to do, if he gives me a certain read, what would I do in that situation.”

Jamal Camp is a defensive lineman and has been voted by the team along with Drew Morris, Louis Gonzales, and Jack Pehrson, to be the captains.

We cannot control what they do, we just kind of go out on defense and do what we do. A lot of emotions get unraveled. A lot of emotions unravel when something goes good or something goes bad.”

— Jamal Camp

Mistakes and attitude have been a big focus the past few weeks for South. They have been addressing mistakes with the whole team as well as a positive attitude going in and out of the games. South has been hammered with many injuries and therefore has been playing with a fairly young team. They are working hard to perfect the mistakes and make this last home game the best.

About the Contributor
Kayleigh Emberton, Sports Editor

Kayleigh Emberton is a sophmore who is now in her second year of journalism. Kayleigh loves sports, especially baseball and football. Kayleigh is a die-hard fan of the Atlanta Braves and Indianapolis Colts. She loves the beach, camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities. When she isn’t outside she is listening to music and dancing around the house. Kayleigh loves to be full of adrenaline so she enjoys action and horror movies, but every once in awhile a Disney movie really sets the mood. Her...