Graduation party on a budget

Back to Article
Back to Article

Graduation party on a budget

Tossing caps in celebration. For seniors, graduation is just around the corner. A graduation party is a popular way to say goodbye to high school friends and celebrate the new phase of life that they are starting.

Photo taken by Jessie Jacobson from Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/jessiejacobson/3609815914/in/photolist-6uZfvq-Gt3rgf-ecEPZY-NKeqY-XexVm2-nPgxp5-DZB4Tn-TPx6xz-UNGrtA-nPnskC-27jpDxb-4Wu1S6-J6Dc1e-Kfyf4h-24CTcn3-27jpxvm-24CTddb-27jpDqs-27jpxA1-27jpAx3-261RzFR-261RJSM-27jpChL-24CTfbu-smFuP3-27jpxr3-ciQeUb-5J8UwE-5J4CqB-NKMMT-5J4Cpn-27joNUE-q8vq4M-9NZ8Ke-9UzSqc-C1pRi-LhxJG-29UeZG-URooVr-nMoaYb-nwW9NV-nwWe9Q-MsPJML-nwWcFP-nPnsaY-nwWccT-nracwG-2beevzZ-2cC38sp-2cxxXGy. No changes were made.

Alyssa Freyman, Editor-in-chief

Seniors celebrate the end of the school year while basking in the summer sun. They dream about the new part of their lives that is fast approaching: college. The moment soon arrives where their friends and family gather together to congratulate the soon-to-be freshman in college.

A graduation party has become a popular way to celebrate seniors. However, it can become costly and inconvenient for those who are trying to save money for college. Below are some ways to spare expense without sparing appearance and fun.

Cutting costs doesn’t mean you have to cut out the fun. If you follow these tips and find ways to save money, you’ll thank yourself later when buying things for your dorm room.

About the Contributor
Alyssa Freyman, Editor-in-chief
Alyssa Freyman is a senior and is joining the journalism staff for her third year. You can usually catch her at a local bookstore or coffee shop, getting her caffeine fix. In her spare time, she enjoys jamming out to Coldplay and 70's and 80's rock or watching Netflix. Her latest binge-watch is That 70’s Show, and she is currently re-watching Parks and Rec. She believes that Disney movies are always a good idea. Alyssa is currently a member of DECA, National Honors Society (NHS), National English Honors Society (NEHS), and National Latin Honors Society (NLHS). She loves to laugh (mostly at her own jokes). Her friends would describe her as adventurous; she likes to go zip-lining and rock-climbing. Don’t ask her what her favorite book is; she loves them all. She enjoys taking photography, filming, traveling, and cheering on the Chicago Cubs. You can contact her at [email protected].