14 Things to do this Christmas break in Atlanta

As the snow begins to fall and the season slowly changes from fall to winter, there are so many wonderful things to do around Atlanta surrounded by loved ones.

Photo via Creative Commons license

Photo via Creative Commons license

Lauren Bunker and Sierra Wamsley

Lasershow Spectacular in Mountainvision- If you have a love for lights and family fun, you should visit the Lasershow Spectacular. It premiered on the 825-foot-tall granite outcropping in 1983 and since then has been an Atlanta tradition.

Piedmont Park– Enjoy a scenic walk in the park to savor the nature around. Take pleasure in viewing “The Heart of Atlanta”. Relish in the sightseeing tours such as bird walks, tree tours and scavenger hunts or go to one of the many fields and play your favorite sport.

Fox Theatre proudly presents Atlanta’s Ballet “The Nutcracker” on December 8th-28th. Buy tickets now online at https://www.atlantaballet.com/and watch the story of Clara and her toy nutcracker.

Come see your favorite animals at the Zoo Atlanta. Indulge in viewing animals such as Elephants, Lions, Tigers, Monkeys, Pandas and Otters. If interested, the zoo encourages teen volunteering in a program called Volunteens.

At the College Football Hall of Fame, families are able to personally experience the history of football. Teens are able to interact through various technologies, games and movies to discover more about favorite teams.

Introducing the Georgia Aquarium where families and friends go to delight in the underwater life. For teens, the price for a ticket is $31.95.

Check out the festiveness of Six Flags this 2017 winter season. This year includes a Holiday Hill, Metropolis Park, and more.

One of the most popular food joints in Atlanta is The Varsity. Filled to the top with glorious foods, it is a place full of food and smiles. “‘What’ll ya have?'”

Nothing like dinner and a movie on a Friday night! Go to the AMC Dine in Theatre and appreciate your favorite movie along with a dinner such as BBQ Brisket Mac & Cheese, Loaded Brisket Fries, Artisan Pepperoni Flatbread and a variety of deserts.

Go see your favorite artists jingle at Jingle Ball. Staring Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Liam Payne,  Nick Jonas, Logic, Camilia Cabello, Fall Out Boy, Chainsmokers and Kesha.

Craving Coke? People from around the world come to visit The World of Coke to taste the 100 plus different kinds of coke, meet the coca cola bear, explore the vault that holds the secret recipe, and so much more!

Are you a die hard Walking Dead fan? If you are you should check out the Walking Dead tour! They have a two-hour walking tour through downtown Senoia where The Walking Dead was produced.

The High Museum of Art is a wonderful place with over 15,000 artworks. The collection includes African Art, American Art, decorative arts and design, European art, folk and self-taught art, modern and contemporary art, and photography.