War Eagle American Dream

Back to Article
Back to Article

War Eagle American Dream

Living the American Dream. South Forsyth students and staff join in the stands to cheer on their favorite American team while celebrating red, white, and blue.

Christopher Bunker

Christopher Bunker

Christopher Bunker

American clothes, spirit and attitude roam through the halls of South as students and teachers prepare for the exciting game at South Gwinnett. 

The War Eagles kick off their fifth game of the season on defense. Calloway knocks the ball out, giving South an advantage in the game. South makes a run for the end-zone where the War Eagles score the first touchdown of the game. Minutes later, Colby Cruz scores another touchdown, bringing South ahead 13-0. A penalty kept South from obtaining any extra points. The first quarter ends 13-0 South. 

The Comets begin the second quarter with a long pass to the end-zone. South Gwinnett scores their first touchdown of the game. With 6:13 left in the half, South leads 13-7. Three minutes later, the Comets run down, scoring again, pushing ahead 14-13. McGlockton ran yet another touchdown for South only moments later, shoving them ahead. The half ends, the War Eagles ahead 21-14. 

After an intermediate marching band show, the Comets begin with the ball on their 22-yard line. Their second play runs them into the end zone where they score. With an incomplete field goal, the War Eagles keep their lead 21-20. After a pass interference call on South Gwinnett, South begins on the 50-yard line where Schurr runs all the way to the end zone for another touchdown. At the end of the quarter, South leads 35-20. 

With rain sprinkling, the teams begin the fourth and final quarter of the game. Morlanne scores, increasing their lead on the Comets to 28-20. Even with the weather not cooperating, the Comets score a touchdown almost immediately after. After a half-hour delay, the clock was at 3:12 with a close game. An amazing defensive play by Hilton allows South to maintain their lead with less than five seconds left.

The game ends with South on top once again. The final score leaves them at 34-28. War Eagle fans drive away with smiling faces and happy American hearts.