New construction brings new opportunities

Concessions++at+the+field.+CBI+Contractors+have+been+diligently+working+since+May+to+complete+three+major+construction+projects+on+campus.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Concessions  at the field. CBI Contractors have been diligently working since May to complete three major construction projects on campus.

Concessions at the field. CBI Contractors have been diligently working since May to complete three major construction projects on campus.

Kayleigh Emberton

Kayleigh Emberton

Kayleigh Emberton

CBI Central Contractors started their work on South Forsyth High School in May of 2019, updating and adding new amenities to the performing arts center (PAC), baseball field, and football field.

“Everything started about a week before school ended last year. When all the cars that were in the back lot had exited, they [the workers] started dropping some equipment and materials,” commented Athletic Director Keith Gravitt.

Due to safety concerns, the county made the decision to update features around the school. The stadium and baseball field needed better access to bathrooms and concessions. After about twenty years, the PAC also received some much-needed design and technological updates.

“They are putting in new lighting, a new sound system, new interior in the auditorium area; you [the students] will have new seats, flooring, and curtains,” Mr. Gravitt explains.

The Studium and Baseball Field’s updates will have a big impact on sports in South. The Stadium will have a new bathroom and concession stand and guests will no longer have to use portable bathrooms. The baseball field has similar amenities. In addition, they also received a wrap backstop seating and a new press box. This will give the War Eagle baseball field a professional aura.

Kayleigh Emberton
Students line up with thoughts of delicious treats in their mind. The county made the executive decision to build amenities throughout the school. This particular building is in the stadium near the opposing team’s bleachers.

After these additions to the school, South continues to amaze students and offer a place for growth in our athletic and theatrical departments.