Seniors celebrate at Six Flags

Alyssa Freyman

Waiting in anticipation. Seniors wait outside of Six Flags, waiting to get on rides and eat at the buffet. The senior class president planned the event.

Alyssa Freyman, Editor-in-chief

Students run into the park with their friends, trying to decide where to go next at the amusement park. Others scream in delight as they twist in turn on the rides. The moonlight glows over those in the park, giving them light and hope that it will not rain like predicted.

On May 3rd, seniors gathered together in the school parking lot to ride on a bus to Six Flags. This is just one of the many ways that seniors were able to celebrate their upcoming graduation. For the price of $70, seniors got a ride from the school and back, a ticket to a buffet in the park, and a ticket to get inside Six Flags. Seniors from other schools joined the SFHS seniors since it was Grad Night at Six Flags. Extensive planning went into the event by math teacher Ms. Millsaps and the senior class officers.

“The senior class officers found out about the event and presented it to me,” revealed Ms. Millsaps. “Then they had a meeting with Mrs. Wilson for final approval. I had to get students to sign up and pay on MyPaymentsPlus, […] get permission forms with health insurance cars, […] secure buses to get us there and back, […] get additional chaperones, made a GroupMe for students going to the event so we could stay in contact throughout the night, and I had to get payment to Six Flags to receive the tickets in advance.”

After standing in the long line to the gate, students were able to enjoy whatever rides they desired. With popular choices like Batman and Goliath, it was a fun and successful event for all students.

At midnight, South students were gathered at the front of the park and taken back to the buses. They made it back around one in the morning, exhausted from the fun rides. Overall, the event was considered a success and a possible future tradition at South Forsyth. 

“I think that for the first year going, it was pretty successful,” Ms. Millsaps said. “There are things I would do differently in the future and I think we would definitely do it again next year.”