Filed under News, Showcase

9th grade students attend Junior Achievement Career Fair

The+hidden+opportunities.+Rising+sophomore%2C+Shruti+Kapoor%2C+hopes+to+discover+unique+careers+to+pursue+her+diverse+passions.+Shruti+learned+about+how+she+can+be+involved+in+certain+marketing+companies+such+as+Fiserv.+Inc.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The hidden opportunities. Rising sophomore, Shruti Kapoor, hopes to discover unique careers to pursue her diverse passions. Shruti learned about how she can be involved in certain marketing companies such as Fiserv. Inc.

Shree Delwadia

Shree Delwadia

Shree Delwadia

Today’s generation has the opportunity to choose from a wide array of professions that appeal to even the most unique of interests; careers in hospitality, social media, engineering, banking, medicine, science, art, architecture, education, aviation and nonprofit are just some of the varied career types that the Junior Achievement Career Fair present for rising South Forsyth sophomores last Tuesday.

Junior Achievement’s works to support and inspire the youth of America to succeed in a diverse economy. Junior Achievement is the nation’s largest non-profit organization dedicated to helping students achieve their full potential. At the fair, many different jobs and companies displayed intel about what they do and how teenagers can get involved at an early age.

The job fair gave students a chance to explore various companies and their roles in the growing, global economy: Elavon, UPS, Equifax, and Delta all offered engaging booths. Additionally, students learned about the different interpersonal skills and interests needed to excel in a specific field. For instance, Northside Hospital Forsyth provided a survey for the students to give them an idea of what field or career in healthcare would be best suited for them. At the Alliance Academy of Innovation booth, students were able to use tools and wood to explore innovation and design within the field of architecture.

Similarly, the Junior Achievement Discovery Center created a “gallery” of exhibits that mimicked the real world where kids could experience their future possibilities through play and observation, elevating their understanding of work settings and collegiate experiences. In the photo gallery below, one can see the different exhibits or booths South’s freshmen explored at the Junior Achievement Career Fair.

About the Contributor
Shree Delwadia, Social Media Lead
Shree is a freshman here at South. “Life is short, and so is she; so she makes the best out of it.” She lives by this quote everyday. If you run into her, you will find her laughing and smiling, stirring up new conversations. She loves embracing her passion for leading by always helping others. Her friends would describe her as dependable, ambitious, and warm-hearted. Shree has strong interests for the medical field which combine her passions of healthcare and assisting others. She aspires to become a pediatrician one day. Clubs and organizations she is a part of include the Student Government Association, Key Club, HOSA, MD Junior, and Red Cross. Her latest binge was Grey’s Anatomy, and you can always catch her laughing her eyes out when rewatching episodes of Friends. Chipotle is her life. She could eat it days on end if no one stopped her. In her spare time, she is usually spending time with her family, dancing, or catching up with her friends. During her first year of journalism at South, she hopes to attract more readers and make the Bird Feed the best it possibly could be. You can contact her via twitter @ShreeDBirdFeed or using her email [email protected]