9th grade students attend Junior Achievement Career Fair

The+hidden+opportunities.+Rising+sophomore%2C+Shruti+Kapoor%2C+hopes+to+discover+unique+careers+to+pursue+her+diverse+passions.+Shruti+learned+about+how+she+can+be+involved+in+certain+marketing+companies+such+as+Fiserv.+Inc.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The hidden opportunities. Rising sophomore, Shruti Kapoor, hopes to discover unique careers to pursue her diverse passions. Shruti learned about how she can be involved in certain marketing companies such as Fiserv. Inc.

Shree Delwadia

Shree Delwadia

Shree Delwadia

Today’s generation has the opportunity to choose from a wide array of professions that appeal to even the most unique of interests; careers in hospitality, social media, engineering, banking, medicine, science, art, architecture, education, aviation and nonprofit are just some of the varied career types that the Junior Achievement Career Fair present for rising South Forsyth sophomores last Tuesday.

Junior Achievement’s works to support and inspire the youth of America to succeed in a diverse economy. Junior Achievement is the nation’s largest non-profit organization dedicated to helping students achieve their full potential. At the fair, many different jobs and companies displayed intel about what they do and how teenagers can get involved at an early age.

The job fair gave students a chance to explore various companies and their roles in the growing, global economy: Elavon, UPS, Equifax, and Delta all offered engaging booths. Additionally, students learned about the different interpersonal skills and interests needed to excel in a specific field. For instance, Northside Hospital Forsyth provided a survey for the students to give them an idea of what field or career in healthcare would be best suited for them. At the Alliance Academy of Innovation booth, students were able to use tools and wood to explore innovation and design within the field of architecture.

Similarly, the Junior Achievement Discovery Center created a “gallery” of exhibits that mimicked the real world where kids could experience their future possibilities through play and observation, elevating their understanding of work settings and collegiate experiences. In the photo gallery below, one can see the different exhibits or booths South’s freshmen explored at the Junior Achievement Career Fair.

• The endless opportunities. Students jumped right into the career fair, excited to learn more about the different opportunities and careers available to them. The Junior Achievement center hosted many different companies, in which some had items to give away, while others had hands-on experiments for everyone to try.

• Oh, the places one will go. The Junior Achievement Trip explored different fields, such as Hospitality, STEM, Health, and Finance. Students had the opportunity to take a quick survey before entering the fair to help them determine what specialty area suits one the best.

• A place for everything. At the career fair, there was a built-in station displaying the environment of a real-life Race Trac. Students got to see the different history and evolvement of the company from the past to now.

• College life. Georgia State University displayed what a dorm room might look like for any student. With different posters, papers, and souvenirs around the room, freshmen students got a feel of what college life might be like.

• A different angle. Ranging from highway patrol officers to state officers, the Police Department is a critical part for the safety of the society. 9th graders were able to catch a glimpse into what police officers do. For instance, some students were able to look through a speed radar and test it out.

• Financing a future. The Junior Achievement booth provided tips and tricks to the students about certain aspects of applying for jobs. Students engaged by playing a game of Financial Feud to find out who had a high level of expertise in the different categories, such as building resumes.

• Buzzing into a new idea. Georgia Tech Research Institute showed students a video about a new way to work with poultry. By featuring an advanced invention used to cut poultry, Georgia Tech hopes to increase the interest of this field.

• Alveoli or allegory? Northside Hospital Forsyth played a game with students to see if they could figure out which word was related to medicine. As the questions went one, students continued to learn more about different organs and diseases in the field of healthcare.

• Intricate designs. The Business Rule Joy Trammel + Rubio showed students the deeper levels of architecture and interior designing. When at the booth, students got the opportunity to view different blueprints and online 3-D models of unique structures.

• Staying secure. Students listened to different representatives from the company, Elavon. The company works in a variety of areas such as processing credit card transactions, helping businesses take their platform online, and reducing the chances of fraud.

• Marketing into businesses. Students interested in a variety of areas listened to Fiserv Inc. representatives converse about different career opportunities. Fiserv Inc. talked about a wide range of possible careers working with technology, marketing, finance, production, and more!

• Flying into new altitudes. The University of North Georgia had multiple exhibits for the students to explore. One of these exhibits focused on Geospatial Engineering Technology. The Geospatial Engineering Technology field prepares individuals for careers in land-use planning, flood-plain mapping, environmental protection, etc. To learn more about different careers in this field, visit https://ung.edu/institute-environmental-spatial-analysis/as-geospatial-engineering-technology.php

• Politically speaking. Previously mentioned, the University of North Georgia provides a unique number of courses for students. Another specific area of study that the university offers is Political Science and International Affairs. Students got to learn more about the education and role of individuals in this field. Representatives mentioned how many individuals got to work with other companies, politicians, and countries to create better relations between nations.

• Informing others around the world. The company, Equifax, takes technology, data, and different marketing techniques and transforms them to help people make smart and powerful decisions. Representatives engaged the students by mentioning how their parents use this company when it comes time to apply for college.