Looking forward to the upcoming baseball season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lining up to bat. South's boy's baseball team is preparing for a new season by fundraising and hitting the field for practice. Players left to right: Peyton Presley, Colby Wheeler, Landon Sims, Jake Witterman, Dylan Mazzei, Cameron Fox, Cole Kliphouse, Tyler Cowan, Steven Thompson.

Richard Witterman

Richard Witterman

Richard Witterman

Alyssa Freyman, Editor-in-chief

The crack of a baseball bat hitting a ball echoes through the fields. The crowds of fans and family cheer as the player runs from base to base. He slides into home, winning the game.

The South Boy’s baseball teams are preparing for a new season. Since December of last year, they have been raising money and practicing to be the best that they can be. You can check out more information about this in the “Baseball team keeps alive the Christmas tree tradition” article.

The teams will go everywhere, from Denmark High School to Niceville, Florida, and are ready to show their skills. Explore the map to find out their schedule this season.

About the Writer
Alyssa Freyman, Editor-in-chief

Alyssa Freyman is a senior and is joining the journalism staff for her third year. You can usually catch her at a local bookstore or coffee shop, getting her caffeine fix. In her spare time, she enjoys jamming out to Coldplay and 70's and 80's rock or watching Netflix. Her latest binge-watch is That 70’s Show, and she is currently re-watching Parks and Rec. She believes that Disney movies are always a good idea. Alyssa is currently a member of DECA, National Honors Society (NHS), National English...