Court-side victory: Taking on Lanier

Back to Article
Back to Article

Court-side victory: Taking on Lanier

Sweet victory. South Forsyth basketball travelled to Lanier during their season. The JV boys were consistent in their game, and ended up defeating the Boy's JV Lanier team.

Sweet victory. South Forsyth basketball travelled to Lanier during their season. The JV boys were consistent in their game, and ended up defeating the Boy's JV Lanier team. "Whenever I'm playing basketball, I always try to put the team before myself because winning as a team is more important than losing playing for yourself." Nathan Moore, a sophomore player stated.

Sadie Rawlings, Online Editor

On November 29th, the South’s JV basketball team traveled to Gwinnett County to play Lanier. Within the first quarter, the boys were up significantly from the Longhorns, and by half-time, they were beating Lanier by 20 points. During the 4th quarter, the mercy rule was applied due to the fact that the Eagles were up by 4o points.

We played well as a team and had a good energy and ended up winning the game.”

— sophomore player, Sebastian Elisan

“We have a very fluid team this year with people moving up [to varsity] and down [to varsity], but it hasn’t affected us during the season because we know and have played with each other before,” JV player, Bharath Vantaru, remarked. “The Lanier game was probably the first time in a few games we had shown a ton of energy right out of the gate, and we hope to continue the season that way.”