Taking on regionals: South Forsyth Cheer

(From left to right: Coach Pileggi, Alexis Carvalho, Emory Hilton, Kalyn Vlasak, Jacquelyn Baker, Gaby Schauer, Cori Brustein, Coach Brawner, Katie Ireland, Mallory Mctyre, Jennifer Lucarelli, Abby Hallowes, Trinity Ford, Tori Watkins, Lily Cameron, Kendall Stephens, Sara Dougherty, Elizabeth Coffin , Sadee Sherrick, Kaylee Erneston and Sienna Rosin) The South Forsyth cheer team took on Regions and competed against four different schools; they placed 4th.

Brooke Eldridge, Opinions and Arts and Entertainment Editor

The South Forsyth cheer team hit the regionals with a bang on Saturday, November 3 at Dawson County High School. The four teams in the region were all very competitive and were ready for a challenge, but South debunked all their excitement with a routine that displayed their passion for cheering.

To be able to qualify for the regional competition, a team must compete in three invitationals. They need to be diligent with their routine if they want to have any chance of winning. At the regionals, every team is our biggest competitor because everyone is very talented and could win on any given day, so the stress on our cheer team was immense. Despite that, the cheer team uses their time to practice on Monday through Thursday from 4pm to 6pm in order to get an incredible and coordinated routine to perform.

“South is going to win because we are out of this world,” said Mrs. Brawner, the SFHS cheer coach.

On the team, there is not one cheerleader valued above the rest, because each person is valued by their hard work and level of competitiveness. Anyone who goes to watch the regionals will see that these determined individuals have been working non-stop like the amazing cheerleaders and people they are. Mrs. Brawner also added how she’s incredibly proud of the entire cheer program– cheerleaders and coaches — because of their dedication to the team. South Forsyth, once again, showed an amazing performance that everyone thoroughly enjoyed.