Voter’s voice with Mr. Fahey

Back to Article
Back to Article

Voter’s voice with Mr. Fahey

Every vote matters. Mr. Fahey, AP US History teacher, knows the importance of voting to select the leaders who represent us and the laws that we abide by.
Earlier this fall, Mr. Fahey and the Rho Kappa Society hosted a voter registration drive for high school students encouraging them to be involved in the upcoming election.

Every vote matters. Mr. Fahey, AP US History teacher, knows the importance of voting to select the leaders who represent us and the laws that we abide by. Earlier this fall, Mr. Fahey and the Rho Kappa Society hosted a voter registration drive for high school students encouraging them to be involved in the upcoming election.

Shree Delwadia

Shree Delwadia

Shree Delwadia

Shree Delwadia, Staff Writer

Calling all high school students! The Georgia midterm elections are right around the corner. Voting is an important right that every citizen has, including many high school students. The future of many young adults is determined by the leaders that are selected, the laws that are granted, and the amendments that are proposed now. The students today are going to be tomorrow’s future. In the video, students receive insight from South Forsyth history teacher, Mr. Fahey, on his perspective and knowledge on the basic aspects of voting, ideas of ways everyone can be part of elections, and the benefits of voting at an early age. Let’s create a generation where students understand voting and how important his or her own voice is in elections. 

About the Contributor
Shree Delwadia, Social Media Lead

Shree is a freshman here at South. “Life is short, and so is she; so she makes the best out of it.” She lives by this quote everyday. If you run into her, you will find her laughing and smiling, stirring up new conversations. She loves embracing her passion for leading by always helping others. Her friends would describe her as dependable, ambitious, and warm-hearted. Shree has strong interests for the medical field which combine her passions of healthcare and assisting others. She aspires to...