Budgeting for a “night to remember”

This+year%2C+South+Forsyth+High+School%27s+theme+for+prom+is+Aurora.+The+Junior+Class+Officers+and+The+Prom+Committee+decided+this+and+created+this+video+to+showcase+and+reveal+the+new+theme.+https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVFXTTacKmG4%0AThe+cost+of+prom+can+differ+depending+on+where+and+what+a+person+buys.+
This year, South Forsyth High School's theme for prom is Aurora. The Junior Class Officers and The Prom Committee decided this and created this video to showcase and reveal the new theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFXTTacKmG4
The cost of prom can differ depending on where and what a person buys.

This year, South Forsyth High School's theme for prom is Aurora. The Junior Class Officers and The Prom Committee decided this and created this video to showcase and reveal the new theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFXTTacKmG4 The cost of prom can differ depending on where and what a person buys.

Brittany Rodi

Brittany Rodi

Sophie Ralph, News and Multimedia Editor

It is no secret that prom can be expensive once all of the factors and different costs are calculated. Some students want to go all-out for this experience and make it truly special. A person will buy brand new clothes, go to a fancy dinner, get their hair and/or nails done, and more. Others would rather save their money while still creating a night to remember. To get an estimate on the cost of prom, the infographics below specify how much each purchase would approximately cost. One represents the cost of prom if someone wishes to go all-out by purchasing new clothes and hiring professional services, while the other demonstrates the costs if someone decided to be more conservative with their spending.

As shown here, prom can be expensive if one decides to buy all new clothes and hire professional services such as a makeup artist or limousine driver. It also costs a surprising amount to go to a salon to have one's hair styled or to have one's nails painted. These services, although expensive, create an enchanting night to remember.

This year’s theme for prom is Aurora! The dance will be held in the Forsyth Conference Center at Lanier Tech on May 5, 2018 from 8-11pm. Tickets will be sold from April 15 until May 2 ONLY on mypaymentsplus.com. Tickets cost $65 for a single or $120 for a couple.