• October 3Friday's football theme is White Out

• October 3Forsyth County Drug Summit will take place on the 22nd at the Forsyth County Convention Center

• October 3DECA Be Our Guest Character Breakfast will be on the 20th at Haw Creek Elementary

• October 3The German Club Oktoberfest will take place this Friday

• October 3The PSAT will take place at South on the 10th

• October 3The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time will be performed from the 10th to the 13th

• October 3Students who are at least 17 1/2 years old can now vote

Budgeting for a “night to remember”

This+year%2C+South+Forsyth+High+School%27s+theme+for+prom+is+Aurora.+The+Junior+Class+Officers+and+The+Prom+Committee+decided+this+and+created+this+video+to+showcase+and+reveal+the+new+theme.+https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVFXTTacKmG4%0AThe+cost+of+prom+can+differ+depending+on+where+and+what+a+person+buys.+
This year, South Forsyth High School's theme for prom is Aurora. The Junior Class Officers and The Prom Committee decided this and created this video to showcase and reveal the new theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFXTTacKmG4
The cost of prom can differ depending on where and what a person buys.

This year, South Forsyth High School's theme for prom is Aurora. The Junior Class Officers and The Prom Committee decided this and created this video to showcase and reveal the new theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFXTTacKmG4 The cost of prom can differ depending on where and what a person buys.

Brittany Rodi

Brittany Rodi

Sophie Ralph, News and Multimedia Editor

It is no secret that prom can be expensive once all of the factors and different costs are calculated. Some students want to go all-out for this experience and make it truly special. A person will buy brand new clothes, go to a fancy dinner, get their hair and/or nails done, and more. Others would rather save their money while still creating a night to remember. To get an estimate on the cost of prom, the infographics below specify how much each purchase would approximately cost. One represents the cost of prom if someone wishes to go all-out by purchasing new clothes and hiring professional services, while the other demonstrates the costs if someone decided to be more conservative with their spending.

As shown here, prom can be expensive if one decides to buy all new clothes and hire professional services such as a makeup artist or limousine driver. It also costs a surprising amount to go to a salon to have one's hair styled or to have one's nails painted. These services, although expensive, create an enchanting night to remember.

This year’s theme for prom is Aurora! The dance will be held in the Forsyth Conference Center at Lanier Tech on May 5, 2018 from 8-11pm. Tickets will be sold from April 15 until May 2 ONLY on mypaymentsplus.com. Tickets cost $65 for a single or $120 for a couple.

About the Contributors

Sophie Ralph is a quirky sophomore and has been on staff with The Bird Feed for two years. She loves this opportunity to express herself through writing and design! Photography is a passion of hers, even though most of her camera roll is pictures of her dog. She loves to sing and dance like a dork. In her natural habitat, she can be found out and about with her friends or curled up in bed watching Netflix wearing fuzzy socks. Sophie’s a writer, a geek, an optimist, and a Christian. She believes...

Brittany Rodi, Photography/Design Section Editor

Brittany Rodi is a sophomore and has been a part of The Bird Feed for two years. She loves writing and her favorite areas to contribute to the Bird Feed are entertainment, features, and videography. She loves dancing wildly to her very diverse and often strange taste in music. She can often be found lounging around obsessing over Pretty Little Liars, New Girl, or Grey’s Anatomy, with friends, or with her North Point small group of middle school girls. Brittany loves her church and her crazy 6th...