Bow Down to SFHS’s 2022 Homecoming Court

October 31, 2022

South Forsyth High School’s  2022 Homecoming Court dazzled the football field during halftime of the 2022 Homecoming Game. 

Members of the Court included:

Freshmen  

• Preston Frilot 
  • Taylor Inglessvy 

SFHS Homecoming Court 2022 by Diya Maheshwari

Sophomores 

• Jeshua Punyasumadram
  • Olivia Smith

Juniors 

• Maverick Schippmann
  • Josie Crossman

Seniors 

• Emily Barnes
  • Haven Somerson
  • Brianna Rellinger
  • Kate Meininger
  • Maggie Craig
  • Kyli Avery
  • Macie Brinkerhoff
  • Brendan Lightsey
  • David Kim
  • James Margiotta
  • Pranith Yalamanchili
  • George Wang
  • Michael Avery

Each member of the court was individually announced along with family members who walked them down the field. The announcer talked about each member’s achievements, passions, goals, and who they were thankful for, sparking a touching moment between students and families. 

The entire stadium was buzzing with anticipation as the Homecoming Queen and King were announced. Cheers erupted from the stands as senior David Kim was crowned Homecoming King and senior Haven Somerson was crowned Homecoming Queen. 

When asked about how it felt to attend her last homecoming and win the crown, Homecoming Queen Haven Somerson said, “I just remember my jaw dropped and feeling so shocked, but also so grateful because I looked at my parents and my friends, and getting to see everyone was so exciting for me.” Somerson said it was “a great experience.”

Along with the students, faculty members also had a chance to vie for the crowns. This year, the title of Faculty Homecoming Queen went to science teacher Erin Loggins. Social studies teacher Brad Frilot received the crown as Faculty Homecoming King.

When asked about how she felt about being chosen for Faculty Homecoming Queen, Loggins said, “I was shocked, but I was happy to represent the school, so that was exciting.” 

Loggins also commented on her favorite moments from Homecoming, stating that she loved “getting to see everyone dressed up because some of them were my previous students, so it was really fun… and getting to crown Haven was fun too.” 

Homecoming Court 2022 was an exciting experience for everyone, and we could not be happier for students who made memories that will last a lifetime. 

About the Writers
The Bird Feed Staff
The Bird Feed is the student news site of South Forsyth High School. We serve the student body by providing timely and relevant content to our readers.

We place an emphasis on objective news, but The Bird Feed does have a character that represents our staff which we will present occasionally. We also give significance to multimedia and believe that it is vital to maintaining a diverse and engaging news site.

The Bird Feed • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in