South Forsyth High School Hosts its Annual Trunk-or-Treat

Shree Delwadia

An evening full of spooky fun. South Forsyth High School hosts its annual Trunk or Treat event for families in the community in order to encourage a safe environment for the kids. The kids were beyond estastic to visit each trunk and play their game to win some extra candy.

Shree Delwadia and Naisha Roy

South Forsyth High School students and teachers filled the East Hall bus lanes as they decorated their trunks, filled buckets of candy and prepared various activities for the annual Trunk or Treat.

SFHS Student Council planned an evening of fun Halloween festivities where they invited kids and their families from around the area for a safe and inviting trick-or-treating experience. The night consisted of children running all across the bus lanes as they went from one trunk to the next in hopes of playing a fun game and getting some candy.

An SFHS club or organization hosted each of the trunks for the night, and each one chose a specific theme to entertain the visitors. Many trunks even had fun activities such as trivia, cornhole, face painting and guessing games that provided a unique experience for the children. Furthermore, several students also dressed up to match their trunk’s theme or wore matching merch to represent their clubs.

“My favorite part was not only getting to connect with my awesome officers and members but also being able to put smiles on the kids’ faces,” says senior Kira Young, who helped run the Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) “Shooting for the Stars”-themed trunk.

Junior Audrey Hui from the National English Honor Society also had a great time at the event. Their theme focused on Edgar Allen Poe’s The Tell-Tale Heart to reflect the literary nature of their club.

“I decided to recreate the scene in The Tell-Tale Heart,” Hui explained. “I decorated the floor with wooden floorboards and I put a stuffed heart I sewed under it. Then I put a backdrop of book pages and a sign I painted in the back, and my group added lots of spiders!”

After the return of this family-friendly event, students and teachers were excited to showcase their clubs as they interacted with the community. In all, the annual South Forsyth High School Trunk-or-Treat was a major success as kids left the bus lanes with buckets of candy.