Homecoming Spirit Week

October 26, 2021

This HoCo spirit week was full of entertaining themes ranging from hilarious onesies to intricate ensembles. Each theme brought out a different side of SoFo staff and students’ personalities as they donned costumes to match every day. With the opportunity for group costumes on several days, spirit week truly brought the student body together in preparation for the big day.

On Monday, students and teachers rolled right out of bed with their cozy pajamas sporting some of their favorite hobbies from M&Ms to Star Wars. Some teachers even took it an extra step and donned full robes, embracing the Scrooge aesthetic to its fullest. Others had an even more hilarious take, coming to school in extravagant nightgowns.

Tuesday was twin day, and we saw multitudes of best friends dressing up as twins to celebrate the event. From matching hoodies to completely coordinated outfits, many of the ensembles had people seeing double.

Wednesday was character day, and students dressed up to match their favorite characters from shows, movies, books and even real life. Several staff members dressed to match and from a series of characters, such as those from Toy Story. Ms. Hunt and Mr. Wolff were Jessie and Woody, and Mr. Nelson dressed up as Buzz Lightyear. Several students even dressed up as their favorite teachers to have fun with the theme.

Thursday, which was decades day, saw the student body sporting clothes from every decade of fashion history. Some teachers went all-out with Victorian ball gowns, whereas others kept it more low-key with a pair of mom jeans and an oversized tee reminiscent of the ‘90s.

Friday was class color day; every grade dressed up in their respective colors to hype up the school for the oncoming game. The Spirit Week truly built up excitement in the student body for the game and the thrilling dance. 

Check out the slideshow below featuring different students and teachers who have dressed up throughout the week!

SFHS Homecoming Spirit Week by Shree Delwadia

About the Writers
Naisha Roy, Copy Editor
Naisha Roy is elated to continue her fourth year on The Bird Feed as a senior. As the Copy Editor, she hopes to help every member on staff find their unique voice and transform into journalists. She loves acrylic painting, trying to master different cuisines, and stationery. She also interns for the NRI Pulse, an online newspaper where she hopes to gain experience for her dream job as a journalist for the New York Times. Her current obsessions include Queer Eye and Indo-Chinese food. An avid Marvel watcher, she loves binging shows like Loki in her free time. She hopes to make her last year at The Bird Feed an absolute blast. You can contact Naisha at [email protected].
Shree Delwadia, Editor-In-Chief
Shree Delwadia is excited to be part of The Bird Feed as a senior! This year is her fourth year on staff, and she cannot wait to take on her new responsibilities as the Editor-In-Chief. By working on the staff as a writer and an editor, she has learned a variety of communication, teamwork, and accountability skills that she will take on to other roles in her life. At school, she is a part of MDJunior, Beta Club, and UNICEF.  In her spare time, she loves spending time with her friends and family or discovering new things to do. Two of her ride-or-die tv shows are Grey’s Anatomy and Friends. Moreover, Shree has a strong interest in medicine and hopes to pursue a career in healthcare one day. You can contact her via twitter @ShreeDBirdFeed or using her email [email protected].

The Bird Feed • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in