South Forsyth v. North Gwinnett throughout the years

Used with permission from South Forsyth's Girl's Basketball team

Dribbling toward defenders. In a previous game against Centennial High School, Clara Morris runs across the court with the ball in hand. The final score was 57-26, South being the winner.

Brooke Eldridge, Opinions and Arts and Entertainment Editor

On Tuesday, December 3, the Lady War Eagles had a huge game against North Gwinnett. Varsity Lady War Eagles made a comeback this holiday season with the head coach, Keith Gravitt.  It seems that the girls are in good hands. South Forsyth’s JV team played before Varsity and they blew the crowd away with their ability.

“Our JV Girls won before our game, which was a big win for them,” Gravitt announced, “It was the first time that our girls’ program had swept both JV and Varsity games with wins at North Gwinnett.” With a final score of 53-31, the Varsity and JV team had an outstanding win. Gravitt explains how the Varsity team used the games that occurred during Thanksgiving break against Cherokee Bluff and Gainesville to prepare. The JV girls were also excited to get back on the court after being off for a week.

“The team has grown partly from the fact that our chemistry is growing between our youngest players and seniors,” Mr. Gravitt adds. It helps them to be able to play together more efficiently and creates a better relationship and motive between the team players.

According to Gravitt, one of the most memorable moments of the Tuesday game was how hard the team played the entire game. There was a surge of pride winning this game for the Varsity and Junior Varsity girls team, and a celebration of a great double win for South.