6 Dogs takes over the rap music culture

6 Dogs biggest performance ever in LA just three weeks ago, posted on Instagram by him with the caption,

6 Dogs biggest performance ever in LA just three weeks ago, posted on Instagram by him with the caption, "Thank u to all my fans. I get to live my dream because of y'all!"

The sensational rapper 6 Dogs, whose real name is Chase Amick, was born in 1999 and grew up in Atlanta, Georgia. He was raised in a Christian household, so he would rap and record his own tracks in secret because he was afraid of his religious parents finding out. His first uploads were uploaded on SoundCloud in 2016, with his first hit “Flossing” going viral after about a year of its release. Because of his rising fame, he couldn’t continue to keep his music a secret from his family, therefore resulting in his indefinite grounding. However, he was still able to record and released his biggest hit “Faygo Dreams” in March of 2017. Now 18 and living in his own apartment with his girlfriend and other roommate, he continues to produce his deep yet meaningful music.

6 Dogs started out his music career by recording songs in his friend Tommy’s basement because they lived in the same neighborhood and his house was walking distance. His other friend Ahmad produced his most popular release “Faygo Dreams.” They created the beat in the library at school instead of going to lunch; which took about a week to produce. 6 Dogs has come out with many different singles and albums, including his album “6 Dogs” (2017), his most recent album “6 Wolves” featuring Danny Wolf (2018), “Buttcheeks” (2018), “OK” (2018), and “Off the Gas” feat. Lil Skies (2018). These releases all hold a deep meaning to the artist and even to a large amount of his supporters.

6 Dogs using his virtual reality set and acting in a goofy manner while playing with it.

According to the 18-year old rapper, he very much enjoys producing music because of how much people love his songs. He says, “I think it’s crazy that people even listen to my music and like it so much. The other day I was like ‘Wow. I can’t believe it actually worked.'” He never thought that his love for music would one day be appreciated by other people all around the world, and the part of becoming famous that he loves the most is how “I get paid to do what I love and it doesn’t even feel like a job” and how he can express his feelings through music and have millions supporting him.

While having fun and meeting new people is what people see, depression and suicidal thoughts was and may still be a big struggle for 6 Dogs, but music has helped him relieve stress and express his feelings. Not only has his music impacted himself, it has also impacted a majority of his audience. His fans have even reached out to 6 Dogs saying that his music stopped them from committing suicide and has become a healing component for them. “It feels really good to be able to help people like that, especially since I know what that’s like to have to go through,” 6 Dogs says, glad that he’s made such an impressive impact on thousands of people. His views on suicide is very uplifting and his songs encourage fans to keep being strong. He stated, “In Faygo Dreams, my favorite lyric is “thankful for these scars now,”” symbolizing how strongly he feels about suicidal awareness and tries to encourage his fans to embrace their struggles by being proud of how far they’ve come and how “people come out stronger on the other side.”

6 Dogs, who is now verified on both Instagram and Twitter, has overall produced music that’s enjoyable for all different kinds of people. His songs bring awareness to people struggling with depression and help him go through things as well. It’s important that rising and big-hit artists use their fame to bring attention to important matters many people struggle with. With his music, it’s starting to change peoples lives and expand their views on certain topics while also giving them a support system when needed. It’s beneficial for all, and is a great listen to consider.