• October 3Friday's football theme is White Out

• October 3Forsyth County Drug Summit will take place on the 22nd at the Forsyth County Convention Center

• October 3DECA Be Our Guest Character Breakfast will be on the 20th at Haw Creek Elementary

• October 3The German Club Oktoberfest will take place this Friday

• October 3The PSAT will take place at South on the 10th

• October 3The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time will be performed from the 10th to the 13th

• October 3Students who are at least 17 1/2 years old can now vote

6 Dogs takes over the rap music culture

6 Dogs biggest performance ever in LA just three weeks ago, posted on Instagram by him with the caption,

6 Dogs biggest performance ever in LA just three weeks ago, posted on Instagram by him with the caption, "Thank u to all my fans. I get to live my dream because of y'all!"

The sensational rapper 6 Dogs, whose real name is Chase Amick, was born in 1999 and grew up in Atlanta, Georgia. He was raised in a Christian household, so he would rap and record his own tracks in secret because he was afraid of his religious parents finding out. His first uploads were uploaded on SoundCloud in 2016, with his first hit “Flossing” going viral after about a year of its release. Because of his rising fame, he couldn’t continue to keep his music a secret from his family, therefore resulting in his indefinite grounding. However, he was still able to record and released his biggest hit “Faygo Dreams” in March of 2017. Now 18 and living in his own apartment with his girlfriend and other roommate, he continues to produce his deep yet meaningful music.

6 Dogs started out his music career by recording songs in his friend Tommy’s basement because they lived in the same neighborhood and his house was walking distance. His other friend Ahmad produced his most popular release “Faygo Dreams.” They created the beat in the library at school instead of going to lunch; which took about a week to produce. 6 Dogs has come out with many different singles and albums, including his album “6 Dogs” (2017), his most recent album “6 Wolves” featuring Danny Wolf (2018), “Buttcheeks” (2018), “OK” (2018), and “Off the Gas” feat. Lil Skies (2018). These releases all hold a deep meaning to the artist and even to a large amount of his supporters.

6 Dogs using his virtual reality set and acting in a goofy manner while playing with it.

According to the 18-year old rapper, he very much enjoys producing music because of how much people love his songs. He says, “I think it’s crazy that people even listen to my music and like it so much. The other day I was like ‘Wow. I can’t believe it actually worked.'” He never thought that his love for music would one day be appreciated by other people all around the world, and the part of becoming famous that he loves the most is how “I get paid to do what I love and it doesn’t even feel like a job” and how he can express his feelings through music and have millions supporting him.

While having fun and meeting new people is what people see, depression and suicidal thoughts was and may still be a big struggle for 6 Dogs, but music has helped him relieve stress and express his feelings. Not only has his music impacted himself, it has also impacted a majority of his audience. His fans have even reached out to 6 Dogs saying that his music stopped them from committing suicide and has become a healing component for them. “It feels really good to be able to help people like that, especially since I know what that’s like to have to go through,” 6 Dogs says, glad that he’s made such an impressive impact on thousands of people. His views on suicide is very uplifting and his songs encourage fans to keep being strong. He stated, “In Faygo Dreams, my favorite lyric is “thankful for these scars now,”” symbolizing how strongly he feels about suicidal awareness and tries to encourage his fans to embrace their struggles by being proud of how far they’ve come and how “people come out stronger on the other side.”

6 Dogs, who is now verified on both Instagram and Twitter, has overall produced music that’s enjoyable for all different kinds of people. His songs bring awareness to people struggling with depression and help him go through things as well. It’s important that rising and big-hit artists use their fame to bring attention to important matters many people struggle with. With his music, it’s starting to change peoples lives and expand their views on certain topics while also giving them a support system when needed. It’s beneficial for all, and is a great listen to consider.

About the Writer
Brooke Eldridge, Staff Writer

Brooke Eldridge is not your average sophomore. As her second year working for The Bird Feed begins, not only does she await the excitement of writing, but she indulges in helping others in need. Brooke is incredibly interested in helping out the homeless community and is very opinionated on certain topics. She has a high sense of fashion, and loves coordinating her clothes by color. In her free time, Brooke enjoys wrapping herself in a blanket and binge-watching Dexter, watching any horror film she can find, and listening to her favorite artist, Billie Eilish. She also enjoys going to the nearest coffee shop with friends for a delicious old-fashioned donut and a warm cheese danish. Don’t be shy around her, because her RBF is not her actual personality! She is super friendly when you get to know her and is known as a creative and loving friend. You can contact her on her twitter @BrookeEldridge7 or her email [email protected]