Lauren Bunker

Lauren Bunker, Staff Writer

Lauren Bunker is your average teenager. She's super stressed about school, really bad about time management and a little bit too dramatic. When she is not dribbling through players at soccer, you can spot her drawing her favorite thing, eyes. But her absolute love is writing. She knows that someday, she will impact the world greatly through her writing. But for now she is not only excited about her first year of journalism but also her first season of competitive soccer. She loves watching law and order or any 80's movie while petting her cat and absolutely hates country music. She spends her time planning her future and avoiding eating meat because she feels bad for the animals. She dreams of working in global issues department of the UN so she can help make the world a perfect place for all people. She's lost count of the amount of books she has and likes so many she can't choose a favorite. Please contact me at [email protected] or at my twitter @lbunkerthefeed .

Essentials for all kinds of vacations

Essentials for all kinds of vacations

Lauren Bunker and Alyssa Freyman May 21, 2018

The sun beats down on students as they relax on their vacation. Little kids toss around beach balls and seagulls circle looking for their next meal. In the city, students shop and laugh with friends as...

Continue Reading
Transitioning from high school to college can often be a hectic and chaotic time. Below, a college student can find the perfect style for his or her dorm room.

Dorm room decorating made easy

Graduating seniors take a new and fresh step into the beginning of adulthood when attending college. Harder classes, new friends, tight money budgets, and less time for friends and family come with the...

Continue Reading
Post Malone sings to one of the many songs in his new album

Post Malone’s new album on the rise

Lauren Bunker, Staff Writer May 17, 2018

The clock ticked, minutes away from midnight. Teens around the world lay awake waiting for their favorite artist's new album to drop. As the clock finally hit midnight, fans begin to listen...

Continue Reading

[Photo] German club celebrates old Easter tradition

Lauren Bunker, Staff Writer March 31, 2018

Continue Reading
The graphic above shows human trafficking around the world and presents where most human trafficking occurs. The routes for human trafficking and their origins are also depicted.

Human trafficking sweeps Georgia

Lauren Bunker, Staff Writer March 14, 2018

Human trafficking has persisted as a major problem for many years and has grown alarmingly. It is a tragedy for the many girls, and even some boys, who are forced into modern day slavery. From 2002 to...

Continue Reading
A common St Patricks Day myth is finding gold at the end of a rainbow left by a leprechaun. In addition to the nonreligious aspect of this holiday, the Irish also celebrate St Patrick.

[Photo] The true meaning behind St. Patrick’s Day

Sierra Wamsley, Editor-in-Chief March 12, 2018

A common St Patrick's Day myth is finding gold at the end of a rainbow left by a leprechaun. In addition to the nonreligious aspect of this holiday, the Irish also celebrate St Patrick.

Continue Reading
Women join to protest sexual violence in the #metoo movement. These woman have stood up for themselves and each other these past weeks.

#Metoo movement

Lauren Bunker, Staff Writer January 30, 2018

Recently, many women have been tweeting or posting the #metoo on their Instagram. The Me Too movement was created by Tarana Burke to show women that they are not alone and must be empowered to speak up....

Continue Reading
One of the many gifts you can buy for your friends or loved ones this holiday season. They are all twenty five dollars and below.

25 gifts under $25

Kate Haas, Lauren Bunker, and Daria Weber December 21, 2017

December is a flurry of midterms, so getting presentsfor the holidays can often slip someone's mind. So, The Bird Feed is here to help by researching gifts that are both available last-minute and under...

Continue Reading
South Forsyth swim and dive team show their love for their community by participating in a Day of Service. They partook in activities for Corners Outreach, The Place and No Longer bound.

Swim and dive team gives back

Lauren Bunker, Staff Writer December 19, 2017

On December 2nd, the swim and dive team participated in a Day of Service to give back. The team held a snack drive and donated two hundred individually wrapped snacks to Corners Outreach and worked as...

Continue Reading
As the snow begins to fall and the season slowly changes from fall to winter, there are so many wonderful things to do around Atlanta surrounded by loved ones.

14 Things to do this Christmas break in Atlanta

Lauren Bunker and Sierra Wamsley December 15, 2017

Lasershow Spectacular in Mountainvision- If you have a love for lights and family fun, you should visit the Lasershow Spectacular. It premiered on the 825-foot-tall granite outcropping in 1983 and...

Continue Reading
The image above shows the location of the Rancho Tehama elementary school, where the shooting occurred, on a map of California.

School safety

Lauren Bunker, Staff Writer November 27, 2017

Shootings have always been a problem but it’s been getting worse and worse. Recently we’ve all had one thing on our minds-  the school shooting in California. Yesterday we were all struck with the...

Continue Reading
South Forsyths cheer squad hoists their flyer up in the air to ramp up the crowd before the game. The cheerleaders continued to support the War Eagles with spirit and optimism throughout the rest of the game.

Honey takes Homecoming

FThe South Forsyth War Eagles were victorious against the Lassiter Trojans on September 22nd. The final score was 37-20. HOW. YOU. LIKE. US. NOW. 👏🏼FINAL: SOUTH 37 - Lassiter 20👏🏼 —...

Continue Reading
The picture above is a scale that shows the different stressors teenagers deal with every day. Between different social, academic, sports related pressures such as social media, your sport of choice, peer pressure, grades and homework (as seen above) it can be hard.

Stress around campus

Lauren Bunker, Staff Writer September 22, 2017

How much pressure and stress can teenagers handle? A lot of stress is placed on teens these days.  In fact, I think it is exponential, more than when my parents were teens.  Many of the stressors of...

Continue Reading