Grey’s Anatomy returns for its 15th season

Battle+between+life+and+death.+Greys+Anatomy%2C+produced+by+Shonda+Rhimes%2C+is+a+television+show+which+portrays+the+reality+of+life+as+both+a+surgeon+and+a+patient%2C+although+a+bit+dramatized.+The+show+is+known+as+the+longest-running+ABC+drama.+

Shree Delwadia

Battle between life and death. Grey’s Anatomy, produced by Shonda Rhimes, is a television show which portrays the reality of life as both a surgeon and a patient, although a bit dramatized. The show is known as the longest-running ABC drama.

Shree Delwadia, Editor-In-Chief

(If you have not caught up with Grey’s Anatomy, be aware that there are spoilers within the article.)

This fall, Grey’s Anatomy is returning for its 15th season! This medical show is filled with discoveries, mysteries, and romances. The show returned on Thursday, September 27, on ABC. The two-hour long season premiere introduced new characters, set new plot lines, and created new mysteries. Who is going to be in season 15? What cast members said goodbye to their Grey’s Anatomy family? What is next for this show?

Season 15 has a nice start to it,” said freshman Ashna Kasireddy. “However, I feel like one of the biggest things that threw me for a loop was Jackson Avery leaving. In the newest episode, Maggie was coping with Jackson just walking out a lot. Also, I love that Meredith went out on a date with the main character from How I Met Your Mother.”

Despite all the Grey’s Anatomy is revolved around Meredith Grey, a surgeon working at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. Surgeons and doctor are faced with life-or-death consequences every day at the hospital. The different relationships, emotions, and comforts within the cast are used to keep the audience on the edge of their seats; especially during the newest season of Grey’s Anatomy. Together the characters learn the twists and turns of medicine and life. The show helps to realize that “real life only comes in shades of grey.”

“Some of the things I love about Grey’s Anatomy include the surgeries the characters perform and the plot within the show,” said Jonathan Haas. “My favorite characters throughout the whole show have probably been Derek Shepeard or Mark Sloan, but it used to be George O’Malley in the beginning.”

With over 14 seasons, this new season holds new and exciting events, characters, and moments. Cast members that are returning in season 15 include Ellen Pompeo (Meredith Grey), Justin Chambers (Alex Karev), James Pickens (Richard Webber), Chandra Wilson (Miranda Bailey), and many more. However, two significant characters have left the show after their final exits in season 14: Jessica Capshaw (Arizona Robbins) and Sarah Drew (April Kepner). There is also a new orthopedic surgeon in Seattle, Dr. Link (Chris Carmack), who happens to know Jo Wilson. More details in reference to these characters can be here.

“I enjoy watching the friendships develop in Grey’s Anatomy. My favorite character is Alex Karev because he is really dynamic and he doesn’t care what people think,” biology teacher Ms. Jennifer Peace said. “Yet, on the inside, he is a big softie and he will do what is best for patients. I do not think he is going to make a good interim chief though in season 15. I am looking forward to seeing what’s going on in Meredith’s life and if she ever finds true love again in season 15.”

Grey’s Anatomy is widely popular and its fans are excited about the upcoming episodes. According to www.express.co.uk, the show has yet to decide the total number of episodes. There have been rumors that season 15 will be the final season for Grey’s Anatomy. For all the people interested in medical mysteries with a tablespoon of drama, grab a blanket and get cozy. This show is surely meant to keep one obsessed from the season one to the end.