Samyu Machani

Samyu Machani, Staff Writer

Samyu Machani is a senior at South Forsyth High, ready to graduate and explore the endless possibilities college has to offer. She’s has a love for music, plays acoustic guitar, and has a strong interest for reading and writing poetry, even though she’s not an expert. This is her first year in journalism, and she believes that the course gives her an opportunity to delve deeper into crucial topics, and to incorporate her creative skills in her work. In the future, she is interested in pursuing a career in the fashion industry, and she has completed the Fashion Marketing Pathway at school. Her enthusiasm for fashion comes from her eagerness to learn more about the different aspects of design and how to create her own brand by combining various types of creative elements with fashion, such as photography and film, or even painting. Samyu is looking forward to contributing to the Bird Feed, and working with her team to constantly improve the student news site. You can email her at [email protected].

This bold logo illustrates an annual competition, that allows students to illustrate their opinions about an event in history. Throughout the fabric of time, there have been countless tragedies, and they should be remembered and discussed. South Forsyth students create an insightful documentary centered on desegregation.

Junior War Eagles Win National History Day Competition

Douglas Seely and Samyu Machani May 16, 2019

For the annual National History Day competition, teammates Arnav Rao, Shourya Arashanapalli, and Charan Tiruveedhi diligently composed thorough research on their topic of the year: “Triumph and Tragedy...

Continue Reading
The Q. The Q symbolizes  the queer sexuality, and the LGBTQIA community, that has been ostracized and criticized for decades. The Q embodies uniqueness, in that it is specific to that individual, describing anyone that is a part of the LGBTQIA community.

A Rainbow Revolution

Samyu Machani and Lauren Holiday May 14, 2019

Throughout history, leading up to modern society, heteronormativity has been preventing society from embracing open-mindedness - it serves as a safety net to fall back to for many. There lies a world...

Continue Reading
Power of Love. Holocaust survivors continue to share their stories today, and it is up to the current generation to ensure that history does not repeat. When Cameron came across the quote online, she knew that she was going to make it the main focus of her photograph. “...it reminded me how important love is in society. It needs to be the core of who we are. Without it, we are bound to repeat history.”

The Power of Love

Samyu Machani and Douglas Seely May 12, 2019

The world remembers the Holocaust on its 72nd anniversary. A mass genocide that occurred during World War 2, it still weighs in the hearts of many. Cameron Ferenchik, a junior at South Forsyth, entered...

Continue Reading
The Tree of Life. German students prepare uniquely designed egg shells, to decorate the tree located outside of West Hall at South Forsyth. The German tradition has been practiced for decades in German tradition, in which a delicate, complex procedure was done to obtain a perfect eggshell ornament. The fortunate students in German club were given the chance to obtain a taste of German culture by practicing this interesting tradition.

Tree of Life: A German Tradition

Douglas Seely and Samyu Machani April 17, 2019

One usual routine in the German club is, for the class to discuss and learn about the many traditions in German culture. At South Forsyth, Mr. Strecker’s German club tends to participate in hands-on...

Continue Reading
Literacy Day on display. Tuesday, March 12 marked the day South Forsyth High School partook in a day surrounding academic discourse and its importance in the classroom environment. Many classes participated in Socratic Seminars and class discussions.

More than a day for books: SFHS Literacy Day

Posters and wallpapers decorated the hallways advocating for Literacy Day on March 12th. Teachers and students have been preparing for this day to come, and now spectators are visiting classrooms and watching...

Continue Reading
Students display what stresses them out the most on signs. On the chilly morning before Halloween,  I walked around South Forsyth and conducted interviews with students from various grade levels -  four seniors, one junior, and two freshman. When I asked Senior Sidney Jones if she knew anyone struggling through mental illness, she suggested
Yeah. There’s a lot of people even if they don’t realize it, there’s always something going on that they don’t really understand, but there’s definitely something”.

Almost Invisible

Samyu Machani, Staff Writer December 10, 2018

It’s common for teens to struggle with low self esteem and insecurities, and they may not feel comfortable revealing their struggles to close friends or family; they often attempt to hide their...

Continue Reading