FBLA RLC Competition is a success for South

Seniors+Om+Purohit%2C+Rohan+Rege%2C+and+Vinay+Balamourougan+all+placed+in+the+FBLA+RLC+Competition.+All+three+participants+will+advance+to+the+State+Competition.+

Seniors Om Purohit, Rohan Rege, and Vinay Balamourougan all placed in the FBLA RLC Competition. All three participants will advance to the State Competition.

Will Logsdon, Senior Editor

FBLA students from South attended the Regional Leadership Competition on January 29, 2018. At the regional level, 114 competitors qualified for the state competition. This impressive accomplishment was welcomed by more than four hundred other students from South who also attended. Twenty-six students from South were awarded first place, while eighty-nine others placed second and third. Astonishingly, nine students received marks of ninety or above out of one-hundred during the competition. Due to the success rate of South and the fact that its participants received the highest accumulated score, South Forsyth High School was recognized as the Region Sweepstakes Winner. This is the fourth year that South has received this distinction. The RLC competition took place at North Forsyth High School and was attended by other Forsyth County high schools.

Senior Om Purohit attended the RLC competition and was awarded first place for his first project specializing in Global Business. “I had to take an examination that tested my knowledge in international business regulations, institutions, and relations as well.” Purohit also participated in the Broadcast Journalism category. He achieved third place in this competition which highlighted some of the things happening in our community.

FBLA stands for the Future Business Leaders of America and is an organization at South with many members because of the real-world experience that its events provide for students aspiring to start a career in business. South boasts the organization’s second largest chapter and promotes many of the programs which it sponsors. At the state competition which the 114 qualifiers from South are eagerly awaiting, students will be tested on their business knowledge and skills. The students that place in this competition will proceed to the National Leadership Conference in the summer of 2018. Competitors can choose to participate as individuals or in teams. There are a multitude of categories which students can choose from to participate in including Business Ethics, Coding and Programming, and Client Service. If you have an interest in this organization and would like to learn more, contact one of its officers. You may also attend one of its weekly meetings every Thursday after-school in Mr. O’Connor or Ms. Yonk’s room. Larger gatherings are hosted in the Dining Hall.