Club Profile: French Honor Society

Kate Haas

Join the French Honor Society if you’re interested in French culture.

Kate Haas, Senior Editor

The French Honor Society is an organization that focuses on expanding one’s understanding of the French language and culture and is meant for those who have interests in French culture. To join this organization, one must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA, be enrolled in or above French 2, and have an A average in French classes. To maintain status in this organization, one must participate in service and tutoring activities.

The adviser, Madam Craft said, “Students in French Honor Society continue to earn the honor points by tutoring other students.”

Being a member in this club will open the doors to opportunities and expand one’s knowledge of French culture. The club meets once a month but is continuously participating in extra activities such as  the Mardi Gras celebration they are planning this month. 

The induction ceremony, along with other world language honor societies, is coming up in late March.

Meetings are held the first Tuesday or Thursday of every month at either 7:45 in the morning or 3:45 in the afternoon. Seniors who are still in good standing will receive an honor cord during graduation.

The club is sponsored by Caryn Craft. Those who are interested in joining should stop by room 1625 or 1613.